Thursday, October 7, 2010

10-7-10: Oy

It has been awhile since I updated. I went on vacation to Indiana at the end of September with two things in mind regarding my diet...1) I was not going to stick to it since I was there to relax and have fun (this diet actually takes up a lot of my mental energies) & 2) I would regain some of the weight I lost over the last cycle.

I had two days of dieting after I got back from my trip and, sure enough, I had regained five of the 20 pounds I had managed to lose so far. That put me at 255 for all keeping track at home. Considering the fact that I ate until I felt like I couldn't breathe at every single meal I had in Indiana, I think a five pound backslide is pretty decent. I was really worried it would be ten.

Well, I got back on the diet horse for a new cycle starting on 9/29/10. So far, the diabolical dice have been living up to their name. I have been saving up unlimited days for special occasions (9/30- hanging out with my cousin and 10/2- a dinner with my parents at Outback) and decided to artificially scatter them into each weekend for the rest of the month. So 10/9, 10/16 and 10/23 will be my next pig out days in this cycle. With my unlimited eating days set in stone, the dice have turned up fasting days 4 times in the first 9 days of rolling. Now, according to the rules, that means I only have one more fasting day of the 21 remaining diet cycle days but this week has been super tough.

On 10/1 and 10/3 I had fasting days on either side of my Outback face stuffing. Which was fine and helped me feel like the Outback day wasn't so damaging. However on the 1st I stayed up about 23 hours straight and on the 3rd I drove 8 hours from Greenville to Virginia Beach. Both of those efforts took a lot out of me and I was dying for some food by the end of those days. It reminded me of being an extra in my friends' movie on the first day I tried fasting. Very tough.

Now, the dice have come up fasting on the 5th and the 7th as well. While it gives me hope knowing I have the 8th and 9th with food in my future, I am pretty much assuming the last fasting day will come ASAP...probably on Sunday the 10th. The other ugly truth lurking in my future is that I have not rolled a 2 yet at all. So, I have a lot of those pesky 500 calorie days in my future to not look forward to (but they are still better than starvation days).

No one asked but for the 4th I ate 2 chicken flatbread sandwiches and some fiesta potatoes from Taco Bell. On the 6th I had what felt like a feast after all these hunger days...a sausage, egg and cheese croissant with a chocolate drizzled special K bar for breakfast; a Marie Callendar chicken flatbread sandwich for lunch and 25 BBQ chips, 49 reece's pieces and a ham, turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat with mustard, salt & pepper. Yesterday was good, but I am back to the hunger again today. Oy.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment